Thursday 14 October 2010

The Social Network - Guest Panel Review

The Social Network – Guest Panel Review

Rating: 15

Director: David Fincher

Cast: Jesse Eisenberg, Rooney Mara, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake

Due to my London trip (see previous 5000 tweets on the subject), I sadly could not make the preview of The Social Network, which is set to be one of the films of the year. Instead, I enlisted the help of 3 trustworthy(ish) friends to review it for me.

Science part – concentrate:

Each guest reviewer was set the task of providing a 140 character review, along with a rating and their top 3 films. The status given to their rating was determined by the quality of their favourite films, which I gave a mark out of 10 for based on my perfect judgement. This defined how much weight I gave to their overall opinion, leading to an estimated value of the review. Comprendez?! Thus:

Sarah Adams – 10/10

An enjoyable and endearing account of a genius idea. Hilarious, aggravating and downright brilliant

Top 3 – Up – 8/10

Dear John – 1/10

Speed – 9/10

Total status allocated – 7/10

Estimated review value – 8.5/10

__________

Esther Cheale – 8/10

Excellent film. Totally relevant. Loved the switch between court cases and story telling. Slight “is he the bad guy” aspect throughout.

Top 3 – Inception – 10/10

Save the Last Dance – 3/10

Jurassic Park 1,2 & 3 – out of respect I will take first answer only – 9/10

Total status allocated – 7/10

Estimated Review Value – 8/10

__________

Jon Gorman – 8/10

A well written, lively script, Social Network manages to impress the non-geeky audience, disclosing the rise of Facebook. A must see film.

Top 3 – Shawshank Redemption – 10/10

The Bourne Identity – 9/10

Gladiator – 10/10

Total status allocated – 10/10

Estimated Review Value – 8/10

________________________________________

Total Review Panel result – 8/10

Ok, despite some good reviewing, I am quite aware the scoring system is completely arbitrary and makes no sense, and has not helped you decide one way or the other. For that I am sorry. However, I know that you will be going to see it anyway, along with myself – so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment